Anti-Bullying Week and Odd Socks Day are finally here! Activities start taking place from today until Friday 20th November with the theme ‘United Against Bullying’. This year, more than ever, we’ve witnessed the positive power that society can have when we come together to tackle a common challenge. Anti-Bullying Week is no different. We’re all a piece in the puzzle, and together, we’re united against bullying.
If you’re still searching for things to do this week, it’s not too late. You can hold Odd Socks Day on any day of the week (or we’ve even heard of some schools doing it every day!).
We’re pleased to say that NIABF has worked with our sister organisation, the Anti-Bullying Alliance, and with student teachers from Stranmillis University College to create everything you need to bring the week to life in your school/setting, all provided completely free of charge:
Odd Socks Day
Odd Socks Day is part of Anti-Bullying Week! To celebrate that we are all unique, we ask that you all wear odd socks to school during Anti-Bullying Week. Andy Day (CBeebies/CBBC) and his band Andy and the Odd Socks are supporting the Anti-Bullying Alliance and Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum to help bring Odd Socks Day to life again this year. To help you we’ve created some helpful tools:
- An amazing online assembly you can play to pupils at any point in the week with Andy and the Odd Socks and some special guests including Sir Mo Farah and Anne-Marie!
- An Odd Socks Day Resource Pack with lesson plans and activity ideas.
- A book bag flyer and poster.
- A United Against Bullying pledge poster.
- A competition to win a chance to have a Zoom visit from Andy and the Odd Socks to your school.
- Watch the official Odd Socks Day 2020 song and video, The Kids Are United, starring dance sensation, Princess K and the incredible choir Libera along with 100s of children in their ‘bubbles’ filmed in schools across the country.
Anti-Bullying Week Resources
This year’s Resource Pack is full of lesson plans, activities and assemblies for primary and post-primary aged pupils, available here. Our NIABF poster pack has been delivered to every school in Northern Ireland! You can also download the posters in English here and in Gaeilge here.
Social Media Toolkit
Our Social Media Toolkit can be downloaded here. This will allow you to share your work with us! Don’t forget to use the hashtags #antibullyingweek and #UnitedAgainstBullying
Creative Arts Competition
Don’t forget about the annual creative arts competition! You can find details and information on how to enter here. The competition is now open and the deadline for entries is Wednesday 16 December 2020.
We hope you have a great Anti-Bullying Week!