Final Level One ACE Awareness, Level Two Trauma Sensitive Approaches to Practice and Train the Trainer programme dates are available on the SBNI website at https://tinyurl.com/y3djyxko
‘For ALL parents/carers: FREE supportive and reassuring information sessions on the challenges of parenting’ Click on the link attached to sign up to any of the sessions you are interested in.
Firstly, we would like to thank all of our member organisations who have continued to provide programmes, activities, workshops and webinars to support children, young people and their families across the SHSCT area, particularly during what has been a challenging summer and a different ‘back to school’ period for us all.
As we settle back into new routines once again, we would invite our LPG members to highlight upcoming relevant opportunities, referring to the final page of this newsletter for guidance as to how best to submit your information.
Stay safe, connected, updated and supported with ‘FYI’!
Southern Area Locality Planning Team
#SupportingFamilies #CYPSP #ChildreninNI #HereForYou
Welcome to the 27th edition of Down and Ards & North Down LPGs Fortnightly News.
This edition shares information to improve the outcomes for Children and Young People.
As Children prepare to return to School we have some useful information on how to manage during this changeable time.
YOUTHSCAPE PROGRAMME COMMENCING MON 31ST AUGUST 2020
Do you know of any young people aged 14-24 who need a supportive programme to help guide them on to their next stage in life? If yes, then Youthscape might be a great option for them!
What is Youthscape?
- PEACE VI Funded Programme, focusing on 3 key areas – Good Relations, Personal Development and Good Relations
- 28 Week programme – includes Engagement, Delivery and Transition Mentoring
What will the young person get from Youthscape?
- 1-1 Mentoring and Support – to be carried out face-to-face either in the community or in the College
- Level 1 Certificate in Vocational Skills – Good Relations, Personal Development – Interpersonal Skills and Health and Well-Being and Citizenship – Teamwork Skills (Delivered online)
- £8 per day incentive payment – based on engagement (school leaver age only)
- £10 per week data payment – based on engagement
- Fun and educational trips – depending on restrictions
- Opportunity to meet and engage with other young people
Please watch our video attached to further understand what we have on offer and how we can support young people within the local community.
If you would like a member of staff to contact you to discuss further or you are currently working with a young person who you feel would benefit from our course, please contact us.
Thank you and we look forward in hearing from you.