AMH MensSana supports all ages in the area of mental health and emotional wellbeing through a range of programmes tailored to suit group needs. AMH MensSana operates across the whole of Northern Ireland offering a range of programmes all of which are free to book for all voluntary community and youth organisations and schools.
Qualified and experienced staff can deliver a range of training for your group including:
- Mindset (14-17yrs) and (18 years+) – A Mental Health Awareness Programme
- Provoking Thought – A Mental Health Promotion Programme
- Healthy Me (8-11yrs with sessions for parents and key adult contacts) – Mental Health Awareness schools based programme for children.
Mindset is a mental & emotional health & wellbeing awareness programme for young people, 14 – 17 years and adults.
Mindset is funded by the Public Health Agency and runs continuously throughout the year. Programmes can be delivered in all youth & community settings across Western, Northern, Belfast and South Eastern Trust areas for groups of 8-20 people.
Mindset is a high quality, evidence based programme which is responsive to the needs of groups in each of the HSC Trust areas. Course duration is 2.5 – 3 hours with flexible options for on line delivery via Zoom over 2 to 3 sessions.
The Mindset programme will:
- raise awareness and increase knowledge and understanding of Mental and Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- raise awareness of signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- promote self-help/resilience techniques and how to maintain a safe level of positive mental/emotional health and wellbeing
- promote self-care
- provide information and/or resources on mental health support organisations available (locally and regionally).
The workshops are designed to explore and facilitate discussion around specific issues of mental and emotional wellbeing. All activities aim to be young people friendly, positive, interactive and informative.
Provoking Thought workshop duration is 1-1.5 hours and covers a range of subject areas including: mental health awareness, confidence & self- esteem, bullying, social media, exam stress, mental health in sport, body image, transitions for 11yr olds, transitions for 16/18yr olds.
Healthy Me is a vibrant and engaging mental health promotion programme aimed at children.
The programme explores emotional/mental health, healthy lifestyle choices with a strong focus on prevention and self-help.
Healthy Me aims to:
- Promote social and emotional well-being through problem-solving, coping skills, conflict management and managing feelings,
- Improve the emotional and social well-being and resilience of children.
- Encourage help-seeking behaviour in children and help them identify sources of support
- Improve children’s emotional literacy,
- Challenge stigma and discrimination in relation to mental health and social and emotional difficulties
For more information on any of our programmes and details on how to book please follow the link or contact:
AMH Regional Office
4a Steeple Road
T: 028 9442 5356